Map my Walk...Walk and Ramble Walking Shop
We all do it...we all exagerate a tad, saying things like "I must have walked 25 miles today", but often there's a decimal point missing between the 2 and the 5. For this reason we've included this smart little tool to help you measure the distance of your journeys. Naturally you can use this tool for cycling, running, or even long-distance travel too!
Play around with the tools using the tips below, and if you wish to start your route again Refresh your page.
Lets Plan Your Route!
Tips on using Map my Walk:
- Find your location by putting in you postcode or town, followed by a comma and 'UK' - e.g. WA1, UK
- Use the + and - navigation bar to zoom in and out of your map
- Use the arrows to move the map, or alternativel click and hold your mouse whilst on the map
- Mark you map using the 'Draw It' tools on the right of the map...
- Mark your walk with a start point, parking, warm-up areas, first aid availability, way-points (change in route direction), point of additional workout excercises, bathroom availability and where you finish.
- Change between the satelite view and road view to make sure your using the right way-points, or even use the hybrid view.
- Once you've done, pat yourself on the back, you did walk 20 miles after all!
In order to use Map My Walk you will need to allow your browser to allow third party cookies from mapmyfitness.com. If your browser is set to block third party cookies (recommended) you will need to set up mapmyfitness.com as an exception.
click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites. In the field marked "Address of website:" type mapmyfitness.com then click "Allow". Click ok twice.
Tools > Options > Privacy > Exceptions. In the field marked "Address of web site:" type mapmyfitness.com then click "Allow". Click ok twice.
click the three short horizontal lines icon in the top-right corner of the browser, click Settings and a browser page will open. Click "Show Advanced Settings" at the bottom of the page. Under "Privacy" click Content Settings > Exceptions. In the field marked "Hostname Pattern" type mapmyfitness.com then click "Allow". Click ok twice.
You can also try out this new widget from Walk4Life, it will show you some routes other people have taken in your area and help you keep track of walks you take!